Child Care Curriculum: Kindy
Our Kindy Program
What is Kindy?
Kindy, is a part-time educational program for children in the year before school. Attending a kindy program lets your child learn through play, make friends, and prepare for the transition to school. Our program is play-based and delivered by a qualified early childhood teacher.
Learning at Kindy
At kindy, children are learning through play to:
- use language to communicate ideas and feelings
- make friends, share and play with others
- learn through new experiences
- become more confident and feel strong
- express themselves through art, dance and dramatic play
- build on their knowledge, explore new ideas and help them enjoy a great start to school.
What you will need to enrol your child:
- your child’s name and address
- your details as their parent, carer or guardian
- details of any court orders or parenting orders or plans
- details of any special requirements (e.g. disability, food allergies or other needs)
- proof of date of birth (e.g. birth certificate)
- health and immunisation status
- details of the people allowed to pick up your child and who to notify in an emergency.
This information is kept confidential and you will have full access to your child’s records.